Private Sale Ended
- Tue, 25 May 2010 09:52:00 EST
- Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:04:48 EST
Website Statistics and Collected Data
|Links in Google||36|
|MajesticSEO Inbound Links||0|
|SEMRush Keywords in Google||16|
|Domain Registration Date||-|
In One Sentence
FeaturedUsers.com is an ad network where Twitter users advertise their Twitter profiles on third party Twitter applications in order to gain brand exposure on Twitter and gain more followers.
Featured Users was launched in Feb. 2009 as a means to monetize the Twitter app FriendOrFollow.com. It now serves featured Twitter profiles across more than 35 unique Twitter applications. You can see a list of these apps as well as a pie chart of the proportion of impressions each app generates for the ad network attached below.
Why Sell It?
I have a grand vision of where I believe Featured Users can go, but I'm ready to move on and focus on other projects. I would like to see someone continue where I left off.
Who Will You Sell It To?
Not just anybody! Like I mentioned, there are over 35+ sites in this ad network and just as many developers (myself included). I intend to continue using this ad network on FriendOrFollow.com after I've sold it. So, the new owner must be just as passionate about taking over this project as I was starting it. If you bid, please be prepared to explain to me why you would make a good successor.
Featured Users is hosted on Rackspace Cloud servers using a traditional LAMP stack and PHP Zend Framework with the following configuration:
- 8192 MB Linux Server Instance - Impressions Database Server
- 512 MB Linux Server Instance - Customer Web Server and Blog Database Server
- 4096 MB Linux Server Instance - Replication of Impressions Database for Reporting
- 2048 MB Linux Server Instance - Web Server to Deliver Banners
Month server bills run around $675 including bandwidth.
What Is Included With The Sale?
- Our customer mailing list (854 subscribers)
- Our Twitter account @FeaturedUsers (10,400 followers)
- Admin to our Publisher Google Group
- Admin to our FaceBook Fan Page
- Our domain portfolio (includes 11 domains)
Naturally the source code, database scheme, and existing data is also included. I will also help the new owner with the transition.
What Is NOT Included
I will only commit up to 40 hours of help/consulting time, for the transition of this project from me to you. My assistance is limited to work that directly relates to the transfer of ownership of this product in its current state. This does NOT include adding new features or anything of the like. If the transition takes more than 40 hours of my time, or goes out of the scope of transferring ownership, I may request my standard hourly consulting rate.
Additional Revenue Details
Featured Users generated around $70k in revenue last year, or around $5400 in revenue per month (after PayPal fees). After 74% is paid to publishers and $675 is paid for servers there is around $800/month in profit.
I believe there are areas of improvement that can be made here by:
- Reducing server costs
- Increasing the size of the ad network
- Backfilling ads when all paid Featured Users impressions have been used.
- Increasing the amount of paid Featured User impressions through promotion, increased ad performance, product improvements.
Additional Traffic Details
Web traffic for the customer front end of FeaturedUsers.com can be seen in the Google Analytics PDFs attached below.
The FeaturedUsers.com banner generates about 4 million impressions per month with about 2 million of those impressions being paid. There is a banner impression growth chart attached, as well as the publisher banner distribution share pie chart.