Hamster Dance - 13 Years-Old, 25k Uniques/Month, PR5 - Never Been Monetized
Sold at Public Auction
$11,101Bidding History: 101 bids
- Sun, 19 Aug 2012 03:42:10 EST
- Tue, 18 Sep 2012 05:16:32 EST
Website Statistics and Collected Data
|Links in Google||50|
|MajesticSEO Inbound Links||72,442|
|SEMRush Keywords in Google||70|
|Domain Registration Date||3 Feb, 1999|
This is your chance to own a piece of web history. I bought this site one year ago from (who I believe was) the original owner, and did nothing but install Google Analytics on the only page of the site. I never even attempted to add content, pages or even throw Adsense up on it.
Wikipedia lists "WebHamster.com" as a "Copy of the Original Site". I believe this to be true. In the year that I have owned this site, I have not received a single complaint or inquiry about copyright issues. You can read about the legacy of the "Hampster Dance" on Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampster_Dance
When I bought the site, it was already 12 years old, so it already had TONS of established backlinks (72k per MajesticSEO) and was already getting plenty of traffic. I have literally done no work building backlinks, or otherwise marketing the site in anyway.
There is MASSIVE upside potential with this site. Beside from the obvious branded household name, high search engine rankings, enormous amount of backlinks, and established traffic, there are some obvious shortcomings of the site which can very easily be remedied.
- There is absolutely no content. We all know that content is king, so even adding a little should do wonders for the SEO.
- There is only one page. Again, simple SEO basics here.
- The site has never been monetized. I bought the site in the middle of a move/buying a house, so I had zero time to try and squeeze any dough out of this site.
- There are no interactive features. Tons of visitors show up and might want to post comments or other cool stuff they find on the internet. You could really leverage the existing traffic and go broader with user-generated content.
Furthermore, the existing traffic figures are with absolutely no work on my part. A more active owner could easily submit this site to tons of social media outlets, and they would never suspect that it is your own site since it is such a recognizable icon of the internet.
$1 starting bid with NO RESERVE! Don't PM me asking me what the reserve is. The site will sell for whatever the high bid is!
My loss is your gain. I have a MUCH larger project taking up 110% of my time, so I have to sell all my neglected, aged sites even though they continue to make me money each month with practically no work.
Please read this FAQ before PMing me: (I get a LOT of the same questions through PM)
1. What is the Reserve?
There is no reserve. The site will sell for the high bid.
2. What is the BIN?
There is no BIN. Unless you are going to offer me tens of thousands, I won't be adding a BIN until the bidding has played out and there is only a few days left on the auction.
3. Do you have any other sites for sale?
Yes. Be sure to "watch" me as a seller to see when the new auctions are rolled out. I WILL NOT be selling any sites privately outside of Flippa.
4. Can you tell me your system of finding and buying websites? Can you give me website buying/selling advice?
I don't have time for one-on-one help, but you can follow my personal blog (link is in my Flippa profile) and sometimes I share stuff about my business there.
5. Can you add me to the analytics?
Yes, but PLEASE send me your google email address in your analytics request. I shouldn't have to ask for it and double the number of PM's between us.
Additional Revenue Details
Additional Traffic Details
Traffic is usually around 800 visits per day, but with spikes sometimes up to 10,000 per day. Traffic is well diversified. Sources are as follows:
- This is for a ONE page site with ZERO content. Imagine if you added a bunch of content/pages...
- 4.4K different keywords
- Most keywords related to "Hamster Dance"
- From Reddit, Facebook, Burkar.nu, Wikipedia, t.co, Youtube, etc.
- Means people are still actively posting links to this site through Social Media.
- Stays pretty consistent.