Acquiring a business can be a daunting process for first-timers. With many factors to consider, where do you even start? Even for those who are experienced buyers, there are many tips and tricks you can look out for to make your next acquisition a truly valuable one.
In this episode of Humans of Flippa we are joined by three experts and cover diverse topics including:
- Buying a business to scale it or to hold?
- Is buying a business during a recession a bold move or a strategic one?
- Purchasing exactly what you know
- How to discover and assess businesses deals
- How to assess deals, and much more!
Do You Own an Online Business? Find Out How Much it’s Worth
Flippa’s intelligent valuations engine is the industry’s most accurate tool, taking into consideration thousands of sales and live buyer demand. Find out what your business is worth with our free valuation tool and plan your next move.
Meet our Experts
Codie Sanchez | Contrarian Thinking
Codie Sanchez is a reformed journalist, turned institutional investor to cannabis investor and adviser, to now Founder at Contrarian Thinking and Cofounder of Unconventional Acquisitions. She thrives on helping people think critically, and cashflow unconventionally.
Sieva Kozinsky | Enduring Ventures
Sieva Kozinsky is an entrepreneur and investor. He’s raised over $10M+ in venture capital and scaled his businesses to tens of millions of users. Today he is the Co-Founder of Enduring Ventures which buys beautiful businesses and holds them forever.
James Camp | Nano Flips
James Camp is a Digital Strategist, Advisor and Founder of Nano Flips, a weekly newsletter which helps people buy, improve and flip online businesses for a profit. A true entrepreneur at heart, James built a successful strategy consulting firm, then exit it at the right time to start his own business adventure.
Buying an Online Business: episode breakdown
Short for time? We’ve narrowed down the most important moments of this episode, so you can skip right where you need to.
- 01:13 – 05:25: Introduction
- 05:26 – 11:01: Buying to scale/exit VS buying to hold
- 11:02 – 16:06: Should businesses be bought during a recession?
- 16:07 – 19:43: Buying what you know
- 19:44 – 31:50: How to discover and assess business deals
- 31:51 – 44:06: Assessing and adding value to a business
- 44:07 – 52:28: How to stand out from the crowd
Ready to own your own business? Find your perfect match on Flippa.
Check out more episodes here.