In a visual world, how can marketers make sure their content is seen?
Visual search is the new frontier of marketing. With this technology, you can reach your audience in new and exciting ways.
In this article, we’ll show you how to create visually appealing images that are optimized for SEO and help your brand stand out in a crowded marketplace.
What is Visual Search and How Can You Use It?
Visual search, also known as image search, allows users to scan photos and find related items online. The technology has many benefits for marketers because it offers an opportunity to be found on search engines via images rather than just text-based searches. This means your personal brand can be discovered by people who are looking for products like yours without having to pay extra money for advertising.
With this new form of targeting, companies can finally take advantage of channels previously unattainable. It also provides a more cost-effective method of reaching potential customers on a global scale since visual search is available in multiple languages and regions.
Tips for Marketing With the Visual Search
- Use rich, high-resolution images that are relevant to your product or service on social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc. These can be better indexed by visual recognition software than text alone.
- Add visual elements to your website that are related to the visual search keywords you want customers to find.
- Optimize your site for mobile devices, as visual searches will likely take place on smartphones in the future.
- Include visual elements in your email marketing campaigns.
- Consider adding visual search capabilities to your website or social media pages, as these are becoming more and more popular with every passing year.
- Integrate visual search with your content marketing strategy.
Now let’s discuss how visual search will change the way you market your products or services.
1. Visual Search Will Make Things Easier for Consumers to Find What They’re Searching For
Previously, a visual search was only available to brands that had rich images or high-quality videos with top hosting, but now anyone can use this technology for marketing purposes.
Visual search will make it easier for consumers to find what they’re looking for, which is great news for marketers who want their products to be seen by as many people as possible. The “needle-in-a-haystack” analogy has been used to describe a visual search for so long that it’s become a cliché, but with the help of AI-powered technology visual search has come a long way.
Now there are tools available that make visual search fast and easy. For instance, Google Lens can identify products in an image or video by scanning barcodes or reading text from phone screens.
Of course, not everyone will have access to visual searching as easily as they do now. For example, some people who don’t use smartphones might never be able to enjoy this feature because they won’t be able to find apps like Google Lens on their older devices; others may need internet service providers (ISPs) who offer visual searching services.
At this point, visual search is not perfect. But with the help of AI-powered technology and more sophisticated machine learning algorithms, we’ll be able to find what we’re looking for faster than before.
2. Consumers are More Likely to Buy Something When the Product is in front of Them
Consumers are more likely to buy something when the product is in front of them, so how do we make sure they can see what they want?
Visual search will change the way marketers promote their products by ensuring that consumers can easily find exactly what they’re looking for. It’s time to get creative with your marketing strategy.
This is especially helpful when you’re dealing with customers who are impulse buyers and often purchase things without doing extensive research beforehand (such as when customers purchase something on Amazon or eBay after quickly scrolling through listings).
For these types of companies, visual search will be instrumental in getting the customer into your store as soon as possible.
Visual search offers great potential for those marketing their own business as well as those that are using affiliate tools to help sell because it allows these advertisers to market their product right in front of a consumer before they even have the chance to look for it elsewhere.
Visual search allows companies with a direct marketing strategy to target their audience more efficiently and better understand buyer behavior than other forms of advertising (e.g., TV ads, banner ads) which limits what is seen based on where they are being shown.
Visual search will revolutionize how marketers market because it provides creative space that was previously unavailable in digital and print media.
3. Visual Search Means a Shift From Text-based Searches to Visual Ones
Google’s algorithm is changing so that “images are more likely to appear higher up on the page” than text-based searches, meaning images are more important than ever when marketing online with visuals.
The move away from traditional media like TV ads and magazine ads means an increased reliance on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., which have all begun providing visual search functionality.
People will now think more in pictures than words when it comes to asking the questions that are going on in their heads.
Visual search will have a huge impact on marketing because it’s easier to see the products in detail. As visual search becomes more popular, marketers will have to find new ways to engage with consumers.
Visual searches are a big hit on Google Images because people love looking at pictures — but visual shopping tools exist for other online stores as well.
For example, Amazon has visual sorting options and Pinterest allows users to shop visually by adding items from the website into their boards or pins so they can show others what they’re thinking of buying without even having to share links.
Marketing campaigns now need visuals more than ever before to make potential customers’ browsing experience memorable, engaging, and informative enough that it inspires them to buy something, which is why smart businesses continue to heavily invest in visual marketing strategies like product photography.
The visual search trend will continue to have an impact on the way we consume information and marketers need to adapt their campaigns for this new reality. Sometimes this could mean outsourcing the job to the right people to get the desired results.
4. The Success of Visual Search Depends on How Well Retailers Can Optimize Their Products and Content
A crucial step in successful marketing using visual searching is understanding what motivates shoppers to use this technology as a shopping tool. People turn to visual searches when they want an experience or are looking for something specific that they can’t find on traditional eCommerce sites like Amazon.
For example, if someone wants a camping tent but doesn’t know which one best fits their needs, it’s easier for them to take out their phone and snap photos of different tents than trying to navigate through vast pages of product options online—especially when navigating those pages on a small phone screen can be cumbersome.
This means that:
- Visual search is difficult to use for searching certain items like jeans or lamps because the photos of different versions are often quite similar in color, shape, and size; therefore visual searches work better with products that have significant visual differences between them, such as furniture pieces.
- Visual search is fast: it takes an average of two seconds to find what someone wants by using visual search versus scrolling through pages and pages of content online.
- Visual searches don’t always produce accurate and desirable results. A quick example of this is when someone wants to buy a specific item but the image doesn’t show up in their visual search for some reason, which can lead them to believe it’s not available online.
- Visual search also makes shopping easier: you can see all items on sale without having to go through pages and pages of things that are no longer sold out and offers instant gratification by eliminating time spent scrolling through content before being able to purchase something (when you know what you want right away).
- Visual search will change how brands market themselves and sell products; marketers need good quality images that are visual, in focus, and not blurry.
- Visual search offers a more streamlined process, increasing the conversions of leads that become a part of your funnel.
- Visual search is starting to become a big part of the algorithm for ranking pages on Google.
There is no better way than visual search to find what you’re looking for when shopping online and the experience becomes much easier and simpler without having to worry about bad-quality mobile images and zoomed-out screenshots.
Also, having a responsive landing page might be something to consider in this situation. Such a page would adapt according to how people landed on your website and this might increase the odds of them taking a positive action.
Visual search is going to change the way we market our businesses, and it’s time to start adapting now. Visual search will be more than just a new marketing tool; its use in SEO changes everything about how you design your website.
5. Marketers Can Grab Customers’ Attention with Creative Marketing Strategies That Include Compelling Images
As you browse the internet, your eyes are drawn to images. The more interesting the image, the more likely it is that you’ll click on it.
This phenomenon has been studied and made into a science called A/B testing in which marketers create two versions of an ad: one with an eye-catching image and one without. Then they constantly test their ads to see which performs better.
Now that visual search has become mainstream, marketing strategies will have to adapt or be left behind as customers find what they’re looking for without being lured by catchy headlines or eye-catching copywriting.
As visual search becomes more popular in the marketing world, all companies will have to adapt and make sure their ads include compelling images if they want customers clicking through onto their website page.
Visuals are important when engaging with and building an audience. This includes pricing tables, video testimonials (live streaming), tutorials, and demonstrations. Video conferencing software can also be used to deliver the message you want to customers with more impact. Also, words can be misleading without visuals attached so marketers should always provide an image next to their copy to avoid any confusion.
Finally, a visual is worth 1000 words. So if you’re limited on text, providing a visual with your content will help grab the attention of viewers.
The future of marketing has arrived and visual search is leading the way for how we’ll be engaging with our audience to achieve financial freedom.
Visual search will change the way we market and it’s important that as a business owner you’re prepared for this shift in technology by understanding what visual search entails and how your company should react accordingly.
The visual marketing trend is not slowing down anytime soon, so make sure to keep up!