Flippa.com User Agreement
The use of the online services provided by Flippa.com Pty Ltd - Australian Company Number 135 570 713 ("Flippa") is governed by the terms and conditions set out below ("this Agreement"). Without limiting the way in which you may be bound by this Agreement, by signing a document agreeing to be bound by this Agreement, by clicking a button or checkbox on your computer screen including your acceptance of this Agreement, or by proceeding to use the Services (as defined below) you will be deemed to have accepted and will be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement, the following terms will have the following meanings, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Amendment Date
- has the meaning given in clause 18.1
- means any "associate" of a person as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- means an auction conducted by a Seller for the sale of a Website using the auction engine on Flippa.com
- Bonus Credits
- means credits with Flippa which may be exchanged for certain goods and services offered by Flippa but which cannot be redeemed for cash
- means a person who offers to purchase a Website advertised on Flippa.com from a Seller
- Default Sale Terms
- means the template terms and conditions provided by Flippa to Sellers which Sellers may at their option use as the terms and conditions governing the sale of their Website
- Dollar Credits
- means credits for the purchase of goods or services from Flippa, which may be redeemed for US dollars or other currencies
- means the fees and charges of Flippa which it applies from time to time in relation to the Services
- means Flippa.com Pty Ltd - Australian Company Number 135 570 713
- Flippa Credits
- means either or both Dollar Credits and Bonus Credits
- means the Flippa website and underlying software and infrastructure which permits the holding of Auctions and Private Sales
- has the meaning given in clause 15
- Intellectual Property Rights
- means all intellectual property rights of any type whatsoever throughout the world including all rights which subsist in copyright, patent rights, trademark rights, designs and plant breeder rights, whether or not such rights are registered or able to be registered
- means the advertisement placed by a Seller on Flippa.com for the sale of the Seller's Website
- Personal Information
- has the meaning given in clause 11.1
- Private Sale
- means a sale of the Website from a Buyer to a Seller that is not a sale by Auction
- Purchase Price
- means the purchase price agreed between the Buyer and the Seller as part of a Private Sale or the purchase price bid by the Buyer as the Winning Bidder in an Auction
- means the policies, rules and procedures of Flippa in relation to the holding of, or participation in, Private Sales or Auctions or the use of Flippa.com. A copy of the Rules may be found here: Flippa Site Rules
- Sale Agreement
- has the meaning given in clause 5.1
- means an owner of a Website who wishes to sell that Website and who uses Flippa.com to advertise the Website for sale
- means the services provided by Flippa which are described in clause 2
- Success Fee
- means a Fee that may be payable by the Seller upon (a) the conclusion of an Auction which results in a Winning Bidder; or (b) the acceptance by the Seller of an offer to purchase the Seller's Website via a Private Sale; or (c) when the listed Website/Domain is sold within 30 days of the listing ending
- Third Party Agreements
- means any agreements which a Seller has with a third party in relation to their Website which may include hosting agreements, payment provider agreements, affiliate management agreements and affiliate and reseller agreements
- Third Party Provider
- means any third party which provides goods or services to Flippa or to Buyers and Sellers via Flippa.com. For the avoidance of doubt, a Buyer or Seller (acting in that capacity) will not be a Third Party Provider
- User Account
- means an online account with Flippa which enables you to use Flippa.com
- means a website which a Seller wishes to sell to a Buyer using Flippa.com
- Winning Bidder
- means a Buyer whose bid in an Auction is the successful or winning bid
In the interpretation of this Agreement, unless the contrary intention appears:
- a reference to this Agreement means a reference to an agreement between you and Flippa on the terms and conditions of this document and includes an amendment or supplement to, or replacement or novation of this Agreement;
- the words "includes" or "including" mean "includes without limitation" or "including without limitation";
- a reference to a person includes a reference to a corporation, firm, association or other entity, and vice versa;
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to any gender includes a reference to all other genders;
- a reference to any legislation or to any provision of any legislation includes a reference to any modification or re-enactment of or any provisions substituted for such legislation or provisions;
- an agreement, representation or warranty made by two or more persons is made by them jointly and by each of them severally;
- where an expression is defined, another part of speech or grammatical form of that expression has a corresponding meaning; and
- headings are inserted for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
2. Services Offered by Flippa
Flippa provides an online service, in accordance with and subject to, the terms and conditions of this Agreement, whereby ("Services"):
- Sellers may, via Flippa.com, advertise their Website for sale whether by way of a Private Sale or an Auction;
- Buyers may, via Flippa.com, contact Sellers to offer to purchase their Websites; and
- Buyers may, via Flippa.com, bid in Auctions conducted by Sellers.
You, as a user of the Services, may use the Services in the capacity as a Seller, Buyer or both a Seller and a Buyer. The terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to your use of the Services in either or both of those capacities.
3. Creating a User Account to Use the Services
3.1 Creating a User Account
- You agree to create a User Account with Flippa in order to use the Services.
- Your User Account will be created using Flippa's online sign up process, or any other method specified by Flippa from time to time.
- Your User Account will permit you to login to Flippa.com to manage your User Account, make use of Flippa.com and to manage other details involving your relationship with Flippa.
- You agree to keep confidential and secure any username or password used to access your User Account.
- You warrant that all information provided to Flippa in the setup of your User Account is true and correct in every detail.
- All users of the Services must be 18 years of age or older. By creating a User Account, you represent and warrant to Flippa that you are 18 years of age or older and you can form legally binding agreements under applicable law. You may however permit minors under 18 years of age to use your User Account on your behalf provided that you are their parent or legal guardian, and provided that their use of your User Account occurs under your supervision at all times. If you do permit a minor to use your User Account in accordance with the forgoing then you agree that you are responsible for their actions, omissions or negligence and you indemnify Flippa against any loss, cost, expense or damage it may suffer as a result of the same.
- You agree to only maintain one User Account in relation to your use of the Services and Flippa.com.
- You agree to provide Flippa with all identification documents (including copies of passports and drivers licences) which Flippa requests from you from time to time for the purposes of verifying your identity.
3.2 Use of Your User Account and Flippa.com
You agree that you will only use your User Account and Flippa.com for the purposes of using the Services and for no other purpose. In particular, in using your User Account and accessing Flippa.com, you will not:
- breach the Rules;
- resell or sublicense the use of Flippa.com or your User Account to any other person;
- use your User Account in a fraudulent or illegal manner, or email or send any materials from your User Account which are offensive, unlawful, harassing, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- use your User Account to stalk or harass another person;
- use your User Account to impersonate any person in any way whatsoever;
- use your User Account to infringe the copyright, trademark, patent or other Intellectual Property Rights of any person;
- use your User Account for sending advertising, chain letters, junk mail, "spamming" or any other type of unsolicited email;
- forge or alter the header or address information contained in any email or communication which you send from your User Account or in relation to the Services;
- use your User Account to send or deliver viruses, spyware, malware or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files;
- use your User Account in such a way which damages Flippa.com or denies access to Flippa.com to other users of Flippa.com;
- intentionally or recklessly use your User Account in a way that degrades the performance of Flippa.com for other users; and
- cancel an Auction or Private Sale initiated by you (including any cancellation as a result of a termination of this Agreement) for the purpose of contracting separately with a Buyer you meet through Flippa.com which results in you avoiding paying Flippa any Fees (including a Success Fee). In these circumstances, without limiting Flippa remedies against you, Flippa may recover its lost Fees from you by suspending your User Account and/or deducting its loss from any Flippa Credits in your User Account.
4. Private Sales and Auctions
4.1 Conduct in Accordance with the Rules
Your participation as a Buyer or Seller in a Private Sale or Auction will at all times be governed by the Rules. You agree that you are bound by the Rules and will comply with the Rules.
4.2 Advertising a Private Sale or Auction
You may, as a Seller, advertise your Website for sale via a Private Sale or an Auction. You may do so by placing a Listing on Flippa.com and indicating at the time of placement whether the sale of your Website will be by way of Auction or Private Sale. Note that you cannot change the type of sale from Auction to Private Sale (or vice versa) once the Listing has been posted on Flippa.com.
4.3 Websites You Can Sell
- You must only list Websites for sale which you own and which you are entitled to sell. By creating a Listing for a Website, you are warranting to Flippa and to each Buyer that:
- you are the owner of all Intellectual Property Rights and all other rights, title and interest in the Website;
- the Website and all of its components are transferable to the Buyer;
- all Third Party Agreements are transferable to the Buyer; and
- the Buyer may be registered as the owner of the domain name for the Website and that domain name may be transferred to another registrar.
- You are restricted from placing Listings to sell Websites which:
- are obscene, vulgar and/or deemed by Flippa to be offensive;
- contain material which infringes the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party or which assists others to infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party;
- are engaged in activities which contravene the law of any territory; or
- contravene any provision of the Rules.
4.4 Private Sale and Auction Requirements
- In listing your Website for Auction or Private Sale, you agree to comply with the requirements in relation to Auctions and Private Sales as set out in these terms and conditions or as set out in the Rules.
- When you advertise your Website for Auction:
- you must specify all details requested by Flippa.com in relation to the Auction;
- you must conduct the Auction using the Auction engine provided by Flippa.com;
- you must conduct the Auction in accordance with the Rules; and
- you must sell your Website to the Winning Bidder.
- When you advertise your Website for Private Sale:
- you must specify all details requested by Flippa.com in relation to the Private Sale;
- you must conduct the Private Sale using the Private Sale engine provided by Flippa.com; and
- you must conduct the Private Sale in accordance with the Rules.
- You are not compelled to sell your Website to any particular Buyer using a Private Sale. However if you do elect to sell your Website to a particular Buyer via a Private Sale, then you agree that you must effect the sale and transfer of that Website to the Buyer.
4.5 Conduct of Buyers
As a Buyer, you may offer to purchase a Website of a Seller via Flippa.com. Your offer to purchase must be submitted via Flippa.com. In the case of an Auction, your offer to purchase will be submitted as a bid in the Auction. All offers to purchase a Website (including an Auction bid) must be made in accordance with the Rules.
4.6 What must be sold as part of a Website
Any Website listed for sale on Flippa.com must offer for sale:
- all files contained in the Website including html code, other source code, logos, images, music, animation, films and other media;
- one or more domain names for the Website which must be transferable to another registrar; and
- if specified by the Seller, all of the Seller's rights and obligations in relation to any Third Party Agreements.
- You must only list Websites for sale which you own and which you are entitled to sell. By creating a Listing for a Website, you are warranting to Flippa and to each Buyer that:
5. Legal Relationship Between Buyers and Sellers
5.1 Legal Status of Agreeing to Sell a Website
- When a Seller agrees to sell a Website to a Buyer (whether by way of Auction or Private Sale) and the Buyer agrees to purchase that Website, then that agreement for the sale of the Website ("Sale Agreement") will be legally binding on both the Seller and the Buyer.
- An offer to purchase a Website, whether made in a Private Sale or as a bid in an Auction, is binding and irrevocable on the Buyer.
- In the case of a bid at an Auction, the offer to purchase a Website will terminate once a higher bid is made by a third party.
- The Buyer's offer to purchase a Website will not become binding upon a Seller until it is accepted by a Seller. This includes any bids made by the Buyer in an Auction which must be accepted by the Seller for the bid to be valid.
5.2 Terms and Conditions of the Sale Between the Seller and the Buyer
- The terms and conditions of the Sale Agreement must be specified by the Seller to the Buyer at the time of sale and/or negotiated separately between those parties after the Seller places its listing.
- A Seller may, at the time of placing its Listing, elect to use the Default Sale Terms as the terms and conditions governing the sale of the Website. If so, both the Buyer and the Seller will be bound in relation to the Default Sale Terms.
- You acknowledge that in using or agreeing to the Default Sale Terms as the terms and conditions governing the sale and/or purchase of a Website:
- the Default Sale Terms have merely been provided by Flippa to enable Sellers and Buyers to efficiently agree on the terms and conditions of the sale without resort to significant negotiation. Consequently the Default Sale Terms may not be appropriate or suitable to the sale or purchase of any particular Website;
- you use the Default Sale Terms at your own risk and of your own choice. There is no compulsion for you to use or agree to the Default Sale Terms;
- you have had the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice in relation to the Default Sale Terms; and
- Flippa and its Associates have not in any way provided any legal advice or financial advice in relation to the Default Sale Terms or made any representation or warranty that the Default Sale Terms will be suitable for the sale or purchase of your Website.
6. No Double Selling
You agree that if you, as a Seller, purchase an Auction for your Website, then, for the duration of that Auction, you will not advertise or offer to sell the Website through any other third party service or make direct approaches to potential purchasers outside Flippa.com. You acknowledge that the purpose of this restriction is to avoid you potentially entering into agreements to sell your Website to two or more purchasers at the same time and to help provide Buyers with the assurance that should they purchase the Website from you via Flippa.com, they will obtain full title to the Website. Note that this restriction does not extend to Websites listed as a Private Sale.
7. Flippa's Role in Relation to Auctions and Private Sales
7.1 Flippa.com provides a software engine and website to enable:
- Sellers and Buyers to meet;
- Sellers to place Listings to advertise their Websites for sale; and
- Sellers to conduct Auctions of their Websites or Private Sales of their Websites.
7.2 You acknowledge and agree that:
- Flippa is not an auctioneer;
- Flippa does not conduct Auctions on behalf of Sellers. All Auctions are conducted by Sellers on their own behalf;
- Flippa does not facilitate payments between Buyers and Sellers;
- Flippa and its Associates are not responsible in any way for the compliance by each Buyer or Seller with the Sale Agreement. Flippa do not guarantee and cannot ensure that a Buyer or Seller will actually complete a sale of a Website or act lawfully in their use of Flippa.com; and
- Flippa merely provides the software and website (being Flippa.com) by which Seller's may conduct their own Auctions and Private Sales.
You agree that Flippa is an independent service provider to you and is not the employee, agent, partner, joint venturer or subcontractor of any Seller or Buyer in relation to the sale of a Website. Flippa's only role in that sale is the role set out in clauses 7.1 and 7.2 above.
You agree that you do not have the power to bind Flippa in relation to any obligation owing to a third party. You agree that by using the Services (either as Seller or Buyer) that Flippa, in providing the Services and your access to Flippa.com, is providing a platform for you to be introduced to other Sellers or Buyers (as the case may be). Flippa is not a party to any transaction or agreement between any Seller or Buyer and is not responsible for any act or omission of any Seller or Buyer.
8.1 Fees payable by a Seller
- When you, as a Seller, set up a Listing for the sale of your Website, you will pay Flippa its Fees which relate to the setup of the Listing and the sale of the Website.
- The Fees will be payable at the times specified by Flippa on Flippa.com (which may change from time to time).
8.2 How the Seller's Fees are paid
The Fees are paid using either Flippa Credits and/or any other method of payment which is specified by Flippa from time to time which may include credit card, PayPal, direct debit, or telegraphic transfer. If Flippa Credits are used for payment, then Flippa may specify a maximum number of Flippa Credits (which may be zero) which may be used towards payment.
8.3 Flippa Credits
- You may pay for goods and services provided by Flippa by exchanging Flippa Credits in return for those goods and services.
- You may purchase Flippa Credits at any time via Flippa.com. Flippa Credits may be purchased via your credit card, PayPal or any other method of payment specified from time to time by Flippa.
- There are two types of Flippa Credits:
- Dollar Credits; and
- Bonus Credits.
- Each Dollar Credit is equivalent to one United States dollar.
- Bonus Credits are not equivalent to any currency. They may however be used to purchase certain specified goods and services from Flippa.
- Flippa Credits are not legal tender and cannot be traded or sold to third parties. Flippa Credits are only exchangeable for goods and services provided by Flippa in accordance with pricing and rules specified by Flippa from time to time.
- Any Dollar Credit which includes a fraction of a cent may be truncated by Flippa down to the nearest whole number.
- The balance of any Flippa Credits held by you may be reduced at any time by Flippa for any amount owing by you to Flippa on any account whatsoever including in relation to compensating Flippa for any loss that it determines (in its sole and absolute discretion) it has suffered as a result of any breach of this Agreement by you.
8.4 Flippa credits are not used to pay the Purchase Price
You cannot use Flippa Credits to pay the Purchase Price to any Seller. Flippa Credits may only be used to pay for goods and services provided by Flippa.
8.5 Converting Dollar Credits to amounts payable to you
- You may at any time, convert Dollar Credits which you hold in your User Account to US dollars or any other currency permitted by Flippa.com and request payment of those amounts to you. Any such payments will be made via the payment method nominated by you in your User Account. Any such payment by Flippa to you may be reduced by any amount owing by you to Flippa on any account whatsoever and may also be reduced by any related administration fees and charges imposed by Flippa from time to time.
- Any payment to you in a currency other than US dollars will be made at an exchange rate determined by Flippa in its sole discretion. You will bear all risk in relation to any loss you may make as a result of the exchange of US dollars to another currency.
- Any withdrawal of Dollar Credits in accordance with this clause may be subject to minimum or maximum withdrawal amounts specified by Flippa from time to time.
- Flippa may refuse to permit you to withdraw Dollar Credits where it considers that as at the date of withdrawal you are in breach of this Agreement.
8.6 Expiry of Flippa Credits
- The balance of Dollar Credits held by you will expire 12 months from the date that you last spent any Dollar Credits to purchase any goods or services from Flippa. Balances of your Dollar Credits which are not spent within this 12 month period are lost.
- The balance of Bonus Credits held by you will expire 48 months from the date that you last spent any Bonus Credits to purchase any goods or services from Flippa. Balances of your Bonus Credits which are not spent within this 48 month period are lost.
8.7 Flippa is not an escrow service
Flippa is not an escrow service and does not hold property on behalf of any person. All amounts deposited or paid to Flippa are property of Flippa and Flippa may use those funds as it sees fit. The only rights that you have to receive payment of any amounts held by Flippa are as set out in this clause 8 or under clause 9.
9. Processing of Refunds
9.1 How refunds are paid
If Flippa issues you a refund, that refund will be paid to you using the same payment methods you used to pay any Fees to Flippa as described in clause b or via any other method Flippa chooses from time to time.
9.2 Withdrawal of a Private Sale or Auction
If you, as a Seller withdraw a Private Sale or Auction (where permitted by the Rules), then unless we otherwise expressly state to the contrary, there will be no refund of any amount of the Seller Fees paid in respect of the Private Sale or Auction.
9.3 Circumstances in which a refund may be paid
- Flippa may refund an amount of any Flippa Fees paid by you if:
- any refund policy in the Rules entitle you to a refund; or
- Flippa is required by law or considers that it is required by law to do so.
- Flippa's determination as to whether a refund is required by this clause 9.3 is final and conclusive and may not be challenged by you.
- Flippa may refund an amount of any Flippa Fees paid by you if:
10. SUSPENSION OF THE SERVICES
Without limiting Flippa’s other rights arising under this Agreement, Flippa may suspend your User Account and your use of the Services at any time, with or without notice to you, and for any reason in its sole and absolute discretion, including if:
- Flippa considers that you have breached any of your obligations to Flippa under this Agreement;
- Flippa considers that you are using your User Account in bad faith or to collude in any way to reduce the amount of Fees that would ordinarily be payable to Flippa;
- you are using your User Account or the Services for illegal or fraudulent means or in a manner which Flippa in its sole discretion considers offensive, unlawful, harassing, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- in Flippa’s sole and absolute opinion, the provision of the Services to you is resulting in an unreasonable load on Flippa’s servers or Flippa’s other services;
- if a notice of a claimed copyright infringement has been lodged against you, subject to the outcome of Flippa's notice and takedown procedures which may be found here; or
- if Flippa has reasonable grounds to believe that you are a repeat infringer of copyright or other Intellectual Property Rights.
- Flippa may suspend the Services where permitted under clause 10.1 at any time including without limitation, during or after a Listing
- Flippa’s suspension of the Services may, in Flippa’s sole discretion, apply to only some of the Services and/or for a fixed or indefinite period of time; and
- Flippa may in its sole discretion reactivate the Services and your User Account for you at any time following suspension.
For the avoidance of doubt, you may not make withdrawals of, or spend any Flippa Credits during any period of suspension of your User Account. Further Flippa may in its discretion retain the balance of all Flippa Credits in your account towards compensating Flippa for any loss and damage it may have suffered as a result of your breach of this Agreement which lead to the User Account suspension.
During a suspension of your User Account, any Listings (whether for Auction or Private Sale) will be suspended or terminated (as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion).
You agree that you will only use the Personal Information of other Sellers or Buyers for the purposes of this Agreement and for the purposes of interacting with them in relation to the sale or purchase of a Website. Unless separately agreed between you and another Seller or Buyer, you must not use their Personal Information for any other purpose.
You warrant to Flippa and its third party providers that you will comply with all privacy laws and data protection laws (including, without limitation, the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) in relation to the storage, use and transfer of Personal Information.
12. YOUR GENERAL OBLIGATIONS
You agree that:
you will not use the Services for any illegal or fraudulent purpose or for any purpose other than participating in Private Sales or Auctions as a Seller or Buyer;
you will comply with all laws which must be complied with in relation to a Listing or the sale or purchase of a Website;
you will comply with any export restrictions which may apply to the export or import of Websites or other Intellectual Property Rights to locations inside or outside Australia or the territory in which you are located;
you warrant that you will not, by engaging Flippa to provide the Services, place Flippa in breach of any law or obligation owing to a third party;
you will not undertake any act or cause any omission which will bring Flippa, its brand or other Sellers and Buyers into disrepute;
you will not use the Services in a manner that may lead to the suspension of the Services under clause 10.1; and
you will provide Flippa with all information requested by Flippa which Flippa requires to provide the Services.
13. Term and Termination
This Agreement will commence on the date that you first create a User Account with Flippa and will terminate at the later of the date that:
- the User Account is terminated or closed; or
- you otherwise permanently cease using the Services.
If after termination or closure of your User Account, your User Account is reactivated or a new User Account is opened, or you otherwise recommence to use the Services, then you will again become bound by this Agreement at that time.
This Agreement and your User Account may be terminated by Flippa at any time for any reason whatsoever with or without notice to you.
This Agreement may be terminated by Flippa immediately on written notice to you:
- if you are in default or breach of this Agreement; and
- Flippa has provided you with 24 hours written notice of the default or breach and where the breach or default is capable of rectification, you fail to rectify the breach or default within the period of the notice;
- Flippa has reasonable grounds to believe that you are a repeat infringer of copyright or other Intellectual Property Rights; or
- without cause by giving thirty (30) days notice to you.
Upon the termination of this Agreement:
- any Listings which you have placed on Flippa.com will instantly terminate;
- Flippa will, within a time period determined by Flippa, withdraw the use of the Services from you;
- any Bonus Credits you hold will be cancelled immediately;
- you may redeem any Dollar Credits held by you to US dollars pursuant to clause 8. Flippa may however withhold a reasonable portion of any amount payable to you (with such amount to be determined by Flippa in its sole discretion) on account of credit card charge backs, refunds, payments due to third parties on your behalf (if any) or other costs and expenses which may be incurred by Flippa following termination (including as a result of a breach by you); and
- within 12 months following termination of this Agreement, Flippa will pay to you the amount withheld under clause d less any portion of that amount used by Flippa to satisfy refunds, credit card charge backs, payments due to third parties or other costs and expense incurred by Flippa either before or after termination.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND IMPLIED TERMS
You acknowledge that Flippa and its Third Party Providers have made no warranties that the Services will be continuous or error free.
You acknowledge and agree that Flippa and its Third Party Providers shall have no liability or responsibility to you whatsoever for any unauthorised withdrawals or unauthorised spend of your Flippa Credits, including where such withdrawal or spend arises from:
- any of the events described in clause 17; or
- any unauthorised use or access of your User Account or Flippa.com.
You acknowledge and agree that Flippa and its Third Party Providers have not made and will not make any express or implied warranties in relation to the Services or any other goods or services provided by Flippa under this Agreement, other than those warranties expressly contained in this Agreement. Subject to clauses 14.7 and 14.8, any term that would be implied into this Agreement, including without limitation any condition or warranty, is hereby excluded.
Subject to clauses 14.7 and 14.8, you agree that Flippa and its Third Party Providers will not be liable in respect of any claim by you (whether contractual, tortious, statutory or otherwise) for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damages or injury including, but not limited to, any loss of profits, contracts, revenue or data arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Services or the provision of any other goods or services under this Agreement and whether or not as a result of any breach or default by, or any negligence of, Flippa or its Third Party Providers.
The maximum aggregate liability of Flippa under this Agreement for any and all breaches of this Agreement and for any negligent or other act or omission in relation to this Agreement, will not exceed the amount of the Fees paid by you to Flippa.
If the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) (or analogous legislation) applies to this Agreement and permits the limitation of liability for breach of warranty implied by legislation, the liability of Flippa is limited, at the option of Flippa, to:
- in the case of goods, any one or more of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- in the case of services:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement which limit or exclude any term, condition or warranty, express or implied, or the liability of Flippa will apply to the extent permitted by law and will not be construed as excluding, qualifying or limiting your statutory rights or remedies arising by virtue of the breach of any implied term of this Agreement where such exclusion, qualification or limitation would be prohibited by legislation.
You indemnify Flippa, its agents, officers, employees, and Third Party Providers ("Indemnified") against any loss, cost, expense or damage (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which any of the Indemnified suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of:
- any breach by you of any representation, warranty or term of this Agreement;
- any acts or omissions by you which are described in clause 10.1;
- any breach by you of your obligations to a third party, including another Seller or Buyer;
- any infringement by you of the rights of a third party including Intellectual Property Rights; and
- any legal proceedings threatened or initiated against Flippa by a third party as a result of the events described in clause 15(a) to (d) above.
16. Intellectual Property
You acknowledge that Flippa is the owner of all Intellectual Property Rights which subsist in your User Account and Flippa.com (but not your Website). You acknowledge that you have no Intellectual Property Rights in your User Account or in Flippa.com.
You acknowledge that the obligations of Sellers and Buyers in relation to the transfer of the Intellectual Property Rights in a Website from a Seller to a Buyer will be set out in the Sale Agreement.
Each Seller warrants to Flippa that its Website and its Listing at all times will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party.
You acknowledge and agree that Flippa will not be liable or responsible for any breach by a Buyer or Seller of any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights held by a third party in relation to the supply or purchase of a Website or in relation to a Listing.
You hereby grant Flippa a royalty free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual licence to display and use the contents of your Listing on Flippa.com, including any excerpts from your Website which are contained in your Listing.
17. FORCE MAJEURE
You agree that Flippa and its Third Party Providers will not be liable or responsible for any failure in, or delay to, the provision of the Services or in Flippa complying with its obligations under this Agreement, where such failure or delay has arisen or is anticipated to arise as a direct or indirect result of:
- fire, earthquake, storm, flood, hurricane, inclement weather or other act of God, war, terrorism, explosion, sabotage, industrial accident or an industrial strike;
- denial of service attacks, telecommunications failure, hardware failure or the failure of software provided by a third party to function in accordance with its specifications;
- a significant demand is placed on Flippa's services which is above the usual level of demand and which results in a failure of Flippa's software and hardware to function correctly;
- the failure of any third party (including without limitation, any bank or other financial organisation) to fulfil any obligations to Flippa; or
- any other circumstances or events which are beyond the reasonable control of Flippa or the Third Party Provider (as the case may be).
Flippa may amend the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. Such amendments will take effect from the date of their notification to you ("Amendment Date"). You agree that without limiting the ways in which it may be bound by such amendments, you will be deemed to have agreed to such amendments by making use of or accessing your User Account or Flippa.com after the Amendment Date.
Unless otherwise requested in writing by you, Flippa may use your corporate identity (if applicable) as part of promoting the Services and Flippa in the market place.
Any notice given under this Agreement must be in writing and must be signed by the party or its agent giving the notice. A notice is taken to be received:
- in the case of a notice delivered by hand, when so delivered;
- in the case of a notice sent by pre‑paid post, on the third day after the date of posting;
- in the case of a notice sent by facsimile, upon the receipt by the sender of a transmission report from the despatching facsimile machine which confirms that the facsimile has been successfully sent; or
- in the case of a notice sent by email, upon the receipt by the sender of a confirmation from the recipient or the recipient's email server that the email has been received by the recipient.
This Agreement supersedes all prior representations, arrangements, understandings and agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement and sets forth the entire and exclusive agreement and understanding between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
A provision of or a right created under this Agreement may not be waived except in writing signed by the party or parties to be bound by the waiver. No single or partial exercise by any party of any right, power or remedy under this Agreement will preclude any other or further exercise of that or any other right, power or remedy. The rights, powers or remedies provided in this Agreement are cumulative with and not exclusive of any rights, powers or remedies provided independently of this Agreement.
If any provision of this Agreement is judged invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity or unenforceability (unless deletion of such provision would materially adversely affect one of the parties) will not affect the operation or interpretation of any other provision of this Agreement to the intent that the invalid or unenforceable provision will be treated as severed from this Agreement.
Flippa may assign its rights and novate or transfer obligations which arise under this Agreement. You must not assign, novate or otherwise transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Flippa (which may be withheld).
The parties acknowledge and agree that no rule of construction applies to the disadvantage of a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of this Agreement or part of it.
This agreement is governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria, Australia and their Courts of Appeal.