Massive opportunity for anyone searching for a top notch content site.
Google News approved, focused on technology, and seeing over 1,000,000 unique visitors every month!
The profit is nearing $20,000 USD every month and the expenses are minimal.
Tell us a little about yourself or your company. Did you start this business yourself? Did you acquire it from the original owner? What’s the history behind this business?
This site was founded by a computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur who has founded several Internet companies. He is the chairman and CEO of a conglomerate that operates some of the most popular websites on the Internet. He has been building successful internet and technology companies since he was 17 years old. His mastery in all things
WEB 2.0 and growing bootstrap technology companies have led him to form a portfolio of profitable websites. His areas of expertise are computer science, digital marketing and operations management. He enjoys reading, embraces the Taoist philosophy, and is an active philanthropist.
He started this particular site from his room in 2012. In the earlier days he usually did all the content writing , SEO , web development and business operation. At one point he was writing 3-6 articles per day on mobile phone troubleshooting, computer issues and any smart device he could get his hands on. He usually takes apart his smartphones and gadgets, locates a problem then writes a solution on his website. His solutions and workarounds have helped millions of people around the world. He then grew this blog to over 3 million views per month.
Most of his knowledge and competence is acquired by vast experience, coding dexterity and accelerated learning.
How are you creating content for this site? If outsourcing, what does the cost structure currently look like?
Content is partially outsourced and created by a long term team of writers. 1-2 Writers are paid between $1,000 -1,300 per month on content productions (combined).
The listing claims it only takes 1-2 hours each week to run this business. What is that minimal time spent on? Where could time be spent if the new owner wanted to put energy into growing the business further?
Time is spent on managing the team, overseeing the analytics and tapping into new opportunities. The new owner could monetize the newsletter , form new affiliate deals and create partnerships with sponsoring companies. Also, improve older contents which could result in more traffic and better ranking.
With such limited time involved and such great profit, why are you looking to sell this site?
I’m a person that likes changes. I adore challenges. I’ll be looking for another challenging venture that I can partake on, not now but some time soon.I’ll take a short break for now with friends and family that I missed out on . Also, I want to be more active in philanthropy, that is what makes me happy.
Can you list a few opportunities for a potential new owner to continue growing the business?
- Monetize and grow the newsletter
- Reach out to more sponsoring companies (Get started on branded content)
- Improve older content , there are over 60k published articles ( This can massively improve the relevancy , thus ranking) as most are written years ago.
- New advertising partner and affiliate deals (Higher CPM )
- Better Ad placement / higher CTR
- Continue publishing high quality videos on the youtube channel – Grow subscribers and revenue.
- Write interesting and click worthy news articles on google news, go viral more often.
- Start a premium content / paywall subscription model – New revenue stream.
- Provide paid support for users having problems. – New revenue stream.
- Use other affiliate partners like walmart, best buy / linkshare and skimlinks.
- Start offering services – mobile unlocking/ repairs , ebooks or products.