- Student Travel Club
- Youth & Student Travel is defined as independent trips of less than one year by people aged 15-30.
- Unlike typical vacations, youth travel is motivated by many factors, including the desire to experience other cultures, build life experience, and benefit from formal and informal learning opportunities from other countries.
Student & Youth Travel Market Facts
- The youth travel segment of the industry has grown faster than global travel overall.
- The global youth, student and educational travel market accounts for over 20% of all international arrivals. This amounts to 207 million arrivals and US$194 billion revenue in 2012.
- By 2020 the youth travel market is expected to grow to $320 billion per annum with almost 300 million international youth trips per year.
- 20% of all international tourists are student and youth.
- Spending in most sectors of student and youth travel ranges between $1,000 to $6,000 per trip.