Established Social Network. Premium Domain, 30M Pageviews/Month, 400K Members
Auction Ended Unsold
$180,000Bidding History: 14 bids
- Fri, 07 Dec 2012 11:27:24 EST
- Sun, 06 Jan 2013 12:24:29 EST
Website Statistics and Collected Data
|Links in Google||2|
|MajesticSEO Inbound Links||34,418|
|SEMRush Keywords in Google||73|
|Domain Registration Date||31 Dec, 1997|
Launched in January 2011 by ourselves (two college students) Snog.com was an overnight hit. The site has now grown to become not only a firmly established social network consistently achieving around 30 Million page views per month, but a well established business conistently generating $5,000 - $8,000 per month with mimimal effort. The site currently has high costs due to the servers we host on. However, this could be significantly reduced as we hold Snog on much larger servers than are necessary.
What is Snog.com?
Snog is a social network which aims to provide a fun, engaging, yet simple platform for meeting new and interesting people around you. Take a look at our TechCrunch article -http://tcrn.ch/phlbzZ
We have created a temporary account to allow for quick access to the site so you can take a look around. Although this will give you a good insight into how the site works, we would encourage you to also sign up yourself for a full, comprehensive overview (it only takes 20 seconds).
The login details are: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User profiles - Every user has their own profile. On this profile, the user can show their:
- Photos - Pinterest style photo galleries with drag & drop functionality
- Collected Answers
- ‘About me’ section
- Activity Feed
- Contact details
- Verified profile - Shows the user is real. Profiles are verified by moderators / administrators in the admin section.
- Customisable background on profile plus validation from the community (only available to verified members).
- Real time live feed - Answers that are made between users are shown in the live feed
- Top hourly users
- Invite a friend game to help promote Snog
- Inbox & notifications
- User inbox is a real-time chat system
- Notification based on answers, comments and follows
- User & photo settings -
- Update personal details
- Notification preferences
- Profile & email verification
- Upload & manage photos
- Customisable backgrounds
- Interests - Selection of interests uploaded by Snog users. Users can:
- Select which interests they like / dislike
- Upload their own interests
- Search interests
- Comment on an interest profile
- News feed - Updates from members that a user follows
- Photos, profile updates & statuses from followed users
- A user can answer and comment on each of these
- Search - A user can specify their search criteria and find relevant members. Search by:
- iPhone App
- A fully working iPhone app which corresponds directly with the website. The app has less functionality than the site but allows members to browse through a gallery of users and visit user profiles to answer them / send private messages.
- When launched, the Snog app went straight into the top charts in the ‘Social Networking’ category, sitting at 6th above Twitter, Badoo, Google + and various others.
- Unfortunately, after a month of being in the App Store, Apple removed our app from sale due to ‘inappropriate images’. This is a common stumbling block with social apps. To combat this we changed various parts of the app to model Instagram functionality as they have faced similar issues due to user generated content.
- Changes meant members could now flag pictures, report profiles for inappropriate content, block profiles and submit feedback from the app.
- We are yet to get back in the store but with a little more work we think this is achievable.
- Android App
- The android app is almost identical to the Snog iPhone app. The app is currently in the android marketplace.
Snog has an advanced admin backend. Features include:
- In-depth dashboard displaying data from the last 7 days in both graph & table formats:
- Signups hourly / Daily
- DAU hourly / Daily
- DAU as % of MAU
- Signup Origins
- New visitors
- Figures for all user actions (answers, pictures, comments etc)
- Figures on all reports and suspensions
- Monitor & edit user details & activity
- Monitor & edit interests
- Resolve & manage reports within the built in report centre
- Facebook invite game results
- View how many users a member has ‘enticed’
- View how many users a member has ‘referred’
- Create site announcements to display as banners and overlays
- Further settings
- 30 Million monthly pageviews
- 1 Million daily pageviews
- 152 Million Total Snog’s And Marries. (Snog is a positive community with less than 1% avoids)
- 200,000 Daily Answers
- 12 minutes average time on site
- 85,000 daily Private Messages
Please PM for further stats.
PREMIUM DOMAIN NAME SNOG.COM
Previous domain name snogmarryavoid.me
All Custom Code
Snog Database (400k+)
Facebook Page (23k)
Future Potential / Options
There are very few websites that have ever gained this traction amongst this audience. Snog has the attention of UK teens, making the possibilities for the future of Snog endless.
- Work on getting the iPhone app back in the store. This obviously creates huge opportunities as the amount of exposure achieved whilst the app is in the ‘top charts’ is invaluable. As previously explained, when launched the iPhone app did extremely well.
- Improve the android app by allowing for searches based on distance.
- Introduce gamification and badges / levels. This could easily be implemented into Snog as the site is essentially a game in itself which logs a users answer stats. We’ve previously tested this with a special edition valentines game which was received very well and increased user engagement significantly. Gamification provides endless options for monetisation through both freemium and/or premium models.
- Create a virtual economy for Snog users introducing virtual money / gifts. Again, this opens up endless avenues for monetisation and it is something we believe the Snog community would warm too.
- Improve the search function, ultimately turning the site into more of a dating site. Although not our intention, Snog is a few small changes away from being a great platform for a dating site. The premise of Snog, Marry or Avoid immediately places the site into this category and with a bit of thought, a shift in this direction could yield great revenues.
- Improve the interests section to provide more accurate search results. Interest data can also be used for targetted advertising.
- Break into mainland Europe and USA. Snog is predominantly a UK based social network and is yet to significantly break into other territories. Having the Snog iPhone app in the top charts could help achieve this.
Reason for selling
We have various projects on the go and we do not have the necessary development time available to work on all projects at once. In saying that, Snog is relatively self sufficient at the moment and has not had any work done on it since May 2012 and still manages to run smoothly, attracting new members every day.
Running the site.
As previously mentioned, Snog requires very little time to run at the moment. The only hours put into Snog on a weekly basis is that of community management / customer service. However the majority of this is done by our community moderators who have access to the admin section.
Please see attached earnings reports. Adsense has only been on Snog since July. As we previously mentioned, there are also many other ways Snog could create revenue, not to mention reducing monthly hosting costs would make the site turn a good profit instantly.